- This event has passed.
January 12, 2021 @ 10:00 am - January 14, 2021 @ 3:00 pm
Join an extraordinary, carefully crafted group of designers, urbanists, technologists, builders, artists, and civic futurists — with Krista Tippett, Cory Doctorow, Danielle Allen, Tristan Harris, Esra’a Al Shafei, Gabriella Gomez-Mont, Audrey Tang, Glen Weyl, Katherine Maher, Madebo Fatunde and so many more — to help envision the future of digital public space. Discover the research and framework for measurable qualities of public space that we’ve been working on for the last two years.
We’ll be using unique interfaces, experiential elements, different conversation formats to collectively imagine ways we might build more vital public spaces online.
Our full program is now available at www.newpublicfestival.org, but here’s what you can expect:
- Emergent Showcase: a curation of innovative products from all over the world that are being created with the ethos of public space.
- Productive Frictions: dynamic conversations with unlikely partners that address core arguments, challenges, and opportunities to create a better internet.
- Experiments in Publicness: interventions from our artistic collaborators that will engage us in a connected public online.
- Civic Signals: a deep dive into our 14 signals, or measurable qualities of public space. Discover the framework to build different informed by the findings of our global cross-disciplinary research.
- Public Imagination: through these sessions, we’ll crack open the future of digital public life with prompts and conversation on social at @WeAreNew_Public on Twitter.
* Please note that select sessions will not be live-streamed. During this time, we’ll be hosting conversations on Twitter at @WeAreNew_Public.
Visit newpublicfestival.org for the latest
New_ Public is supported by the team at Civic Signals, a project of the National Conference on Citizenship and the Center for Media Engagement at The University of Texas at Austin’s Moody College of Communication.